This time, I bit the bullet, made the necessary alterations (which involved adding a significant amount at the side seams to accomodate my apple shaped body) and cut it out. I used some eggplant coloured Dry Knit that I bought in a January sale at Spotlight a couple of years ago for $2 a metre. It's perfect for a muslin. As it turns out, it's perfect for this top. The weight and drape is just right. The 'muslin' turned out so well, I wore it to work on Monday with a winter white ponte skirt that I had made earlier this year. Granted, I do work in air-conditioning so the polyester content of the fabric wasn't as bad as it could have been.
|Please excuse the ridiculous look on my face. I don't even know what was going on there!|
- Added 1 1/2" to the side seams
- Lengthened top by 2"
- Lengthened sleeves by 2"
- Widen sleeves 1"
I am keen to make up some more of this top now in some of the other knits I have hiding in my stash. It's perfect for using up smaller cuts, too. I also thought I might lengthen it to a dress to make up for my disappointment over the Vogue 1250 failure.