All of a sudden, it's become very cold here (in relative QLD terms). I know it won't last too long, so I needed to make my daughter's winter pyjamas sooner rather than later.
Here is her new set:
Pattern: Ottobre 06-2011-40: Sleep Well Pyjama Pants (for plus-size girls)
Fabric: Printed flannelette (purchased from Spotlight in 2011)
No fit adjustments made this time. While this pattern is designed for plus-sized girls, I didn't think it was overly large. DD isn't plus-sized and you can see how they fit her - a bit loose, but that's how I would expect PJ pants to fit.
There's supposed to be a buttonhole and drawstring, but I didn't bother. I just used elastic threaded through a casing.
This is a super-easy pattern for beginner's - only 2 pattern pieces and some basic sewing skills.
Pattern: Ottobre 04-2009-35 - "Striped Yoke" T-shirt
Size: 128, blending out to 134 at waist and hips, with a 140 length.
Fabric: A not very stretchy cotton knit which has been in the stash for so long I can't even remember where I bought it. The binding is some beautiful beefy cotton interlock which works SO well in the binder attachments for my CS machine.
I found the instructions to make this top a bit confusing when it came to constructing the neck/shoulder area. The instructions tell you to place the front and back 'wrong sides together', stitch the shoulder area, then bind the back neckline. I can't see how that would work. I ended up binding the back neckline first, then placing the wrong side of the back on top of the right side of the front, lining up the notches and basting together. I think it's turned out how it's meant to.
DD doesn't love this top, so I doubt if I'll be making it again. I have a feeling it's because of the fabric, but she's saying she doesn't like the way the back wraps over to the front. It also feels a bit tight through the sleeves (again, I think it's a fabric issue).
I've been wanting to make this t-shirt ever since this edition came out, so I'm a bit disappointed that she doesn't like it that much. I think it looks cute, but I guess, comfort is more important. Anyway, it's not like there's a shortage of cute tops to make for her.
Onwards to the next project...I've got a couple brewing - a pair of pants to finish off for me, a set of Monkey print flannelette pyjamas for DD, as well as the mock-ups for the flowergirl dresses. At least I've got enough to keep me busy for the next few days! I kind of get next week off work as well, seeing as though Monday is a public holiday. Unfortunately, because this is Graduation week at my school, I actually have to go in twice on my days off. Oh well, the price you have to pay for enjoying a great job.
A new to me pattern company
3 hours ago