This weekend, we had lunch with my in-laws. My mother-in-law had her sisters visiting from Melbourne, so my daughter and I made one of these first aid pouches as a gift for all the girls (4 in total). It would be stretching it to call each one of these a project in itself, but I DID use up some things in the sewing room, so I'm going to lump them all together and count the whole group as one project.
Of course, because I used up bits and pieces to make these pouches, they don't look anywhere near as cute as the one in the picture. Oh well. They look OK and will serve their purpose well. The sad things is that I still have the scraps (and zips) remaining to make about another 20!
One change we made to the tutorial was to use felt for the red cross patch, rather than piecing together little squares. This enabled my daughter to participate and do some stitching on the 'big machine'. She only lasted 3 patches, though, before declaring 'no offence, Mum, but sewing's not really my thing.' LOL.