Friday, August 14, 2009

Mini-Wardrobe #1 and TNTs

I've decided that I need to get organised with some TNT patterns. I am going to start with pants. I wear far more pants than I do skirts. However, I don't want to fall into the trap of filling up my wardrobe with pants and have nothing to wear with them, so I'm planning to sew some simple tops at the same time to create a mini-wardrobe.

There has been much discussion of this mini-wardrobe concept on Artisan Square and Pattern Review so I figure I'm just going to jump on the bandwagon. Sherril Miller showed some beautiful combinations last week and I love the way she had photographed her fabric and presented her plans - so I'm shamelessly copying.

The ADHD in me is struggling to keep this to 2 tops and 2 bottoms - I'm already at 3 tops, but I keep reminding myself that if I keep it simple until I get some TNTs, I'll have a better chance of succeeding.

The other thing that is in the back of my mind is that I'm trying to lose weight. I joined a gym the other week and have plans for slowly and steadily losing 30 kgs. That will make all my work on TNTs completely redundant, but I figure I'm going to sew for the body I have now. At the very least it will give me stacks of practice in fitting and sewing techniques!

Anyway, here are the plans for my first mini-wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment