For me, this is what it's all about...the excitement of planning. Occasionally, the plans come to fruition. More often than not, something else catches my eye and off I go in another direction. BUT, if I don't have some kind of guiding list, then I tend to flounder and start doing something crazy instead, like housework!
So, I've got a couple of lists (you'll come to see that this is not unusual). I'm going to put the UFOs and Mending off to the side and keep updating them as I get to them.
Driving my sewing direction at the moment is the need for a winter wardrobe, a tropical holiday coming and a need to sew my way through my stash.
Firstly, a winter wardrobe. It is definitely a more pressing need than the travel wardrobe, but not nearly as exciting. I'm aiming to use up as much stash as I can before I buy new fabrics here.
So far I have available:
• Another chocolate brown crepe-y kind of fabric – maybe even use this one as a muslin! It’s not really that great
• Kharki medium weight fabric. I have no idea what it is or where it’s from but it certainly wasn’t expensive. Has some stretch.
• Red Ponte knit from Spotlight (or maybe a wrap dress)
• Chocolate brown crepe-y kind of fabric
• Two different kinds of black crepe-y kind of fabric - tons of one of them
• Navy Ponte knit from Spotlight (or maybe a wrap dress)
• Denim (Jeans)
• Kharki, cream, red, blue and chocolate Floral lightweight cotton (Peasant blouse)
• Animal print mesh & chocolate brown cotton knit (Wrap top)
• Eggplant rayon knit (long sleeve knit top)
• Mid brown rayon knit (long sleeve knit top)
• Kharki rayon knit (long sleeve knit top)
• Chocolate brown interlock & olive interlock (long sleeve knit top)
• Red satin-backed crepe from Bargain Box at Capalaba (A-line Skirt with chiffon band)
• Black-on-black embroidered stretch drill (Straight skirt)
• Winter White Ponte knit from Spotlight (Style?)
• Black/White polyester knit – large circles
• Black/white polyester knit – small geometric design