Saturday, February 28, 2009

First post

Why? I know, but I need to be able to keep track of everything sewing related. I've been trying unsuccessfully to record stuff in a notebook, but I keep losing it. I'm pretty certain even I'll be unable to lose my PC.

Firstly, a shameless self-esteem boost - what I've accomplished so far this year...

January:
• Stretch Linen Straight Skirt for me (Ottobre 02/2006 #7)
• Knit Top for me - Green print (Simplicity 3624: View A)
• Bought new machines and embarked on a HUGE learning curve!

February:
• Jeans Style Skirt - Kharki (Simplicity 4701: View D)
• Jeans Style Skirt - Denim (Simplicity 4701: View D)
• Knit Top for me - Cream Manhattan (Simplicity 3624: View A)
• Made pattern adjustments and bought (2 lots!) of fabric for KwikSew 3488: Shirtwaist Dress
• Nightie for DD (Simplicity 5760)
• Cut out skirt - brown stretch poplin (I think) (Ottobre 2/2006 #10)
• Made muslin for gathered neck t-shirt (Ottobre 2/2007 #4) and cut out 4 more
• Made wearable muslin for sleeveless knit top (Ottobre 2/2006 #1)
• Bought binding attachments for new overlocker/CS machine and have been practising like crazy (see aforementioned t-shirts!)
• Made 3 pairs of panties and cut out a fourth.

As you can no doubt tell, I’m on a bit of a mission to sew more things for myself. I think I’ve spent the last ten years of my life waiting until I lose weight before I make anything serious for myself. Clearly THAT approach wasn’t working as far as motivation goes, so I’m just going to throw my hands up and clothe this body the way it is.

I’ve spent the last few years sewing up a storm for my DD who now boasts a wardrobe packed to the rafters. One small comfort is that we can pass anything I make onto my niece, so no effort is wasted.

What I’m going to try to do here is keep everything (inspiration, information, projects, construction notes, reviews, etc) in one place and relatively accessible when I need it. All right, then, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment