So, I wanted something easy for my first project. Combine that need with a pile of knit remnants and stretch laces, and I settled on sewing Ottobre's "Simply Basic" panties (5-2009-02).
To accomodate the lace insert, I didn't stitch elastic all the way around the leg openings, only the portion where there was no lace. This worked well for a seat-of-the-pants fix.
I've been wearing them all day and they are super comfortable - the ultimate test of underwear. I can see that pile of knit remants being put to good use this year. And, no, I won't be modelling any of them. You're welcome.
In related news, I've joined Cation Design's Stashbusting Sewalong to give me a little push in completing my 50 Stash Projects goal. I've committed to using 12 pieces of fabric from my stash. I really think I'll be able to do much better than that, but I thought it better to under-promise and over-deliver, than beat myself up over not meeting a goal.
Now I'm off to continue working on the embroidery for my linen dress! Wish me luck - this is a new venture for me, but I'm finding it quite fun so far.
|(I'll add a more current photo when it's looking more impressive!)|