Sunday, December 24, 2017

2018: A Revival of Sorts

Hi there! Long time, no see!

It's not that I haven't been sewing, it's that I haven't been keeping up with this place. On the upside, I have kept a paper sewing journal of sorts, so I have some idea of what I've created over the past 18 months since I was last here. 

So, what's new?

I've faced a few fitting challenges over the last year and a bit; first I lost a great deal of weight, so was sewing for a new size, then I've put most of it back on, so I'm back in my original size. That is hard to deal with mentally, but I'm determined to dress the body I have now - for the climate I'm in (which is HOT and HUMID!). 

So, at the moment, I'm sewing all the summer things! I've bought a few new patterns to try, and the stash is still robust, so I'm all set to make a few things. 

I have 2 resolutions for 2018:
  1. Tackle only ONE sewing project at a time
  2. Get WAY better at photographing my projects - I'd really like to have a more complete record of my sewing next year. 
So, the current project on my sewing table is a StyleArc Marilyn dress in black crepe, with animal print charmeuse for the sleeve lining. I've made several Marilyns before and I love the style. I'm going to be so sad when the cold shoulder/split sleeve thing falls out of fashion. 

I don't have any progress photos to show at the moment, but I will share one of my previous makes: 
Unfortunately, I'm not sewing this size anymore, but the style still suits my general shape. 

I've made 3 others - with 2 of them still in rotation - but don't have photos of any of the others. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the split sleeve trend and look forward to seeing what comes next. Lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete